Warm those cockles tonight in this cold and wet weather with prawn & pumpkin soup, seasoned with our yummy coconut, curry & caraway shellfish seasoning.
30g (1 x sachet) Wild Fennel Co. shellfish seasoning
15g (1/2 sachet) Wild Fennel Co. chicken seasoning
400g prawns, defrosted if frozen
1 white onion
1/2 tin coconut cream
Handful fresh coriander
1. Skin and dice the pumpkin, and dice the onion. Toss in a splash of oil and roast together in the oven at 200 degrees for around half an hour, or until caramelised and soft.
2. Mix the chicken seasoning with 1 litre of boiling water to make a stock. Transfer pumpkin to a saucepan and add the stock. Bring to the boil.
3. Add the coconut cream and half the sachet of shellfish seasoning. Return to the boil.
4. Remove from the heat, then blend until smooth.
5. In another pan, fry the prawns in a splash of oil and the remainder of the shellfish seasoning. Cook for several minutes.
6. Transfer your soup to bowls, top with prawns and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
You can also add a sprinkle of dried coconut if you want to amp up the coconut!